The delicate skin that covers the lips can suffer continuous injuries due to the aggressions caused by the rays of the sun, toxins and other environmental factors. It is common to note that, for example, they begin to appear dry or covered with dead cells, which ends up affecting the aesthetics of the entire face.
While it is not a serious health problem, it can sometimes lead to the onset of infections, blemishes, and signs of aging. For this reason, it is essential to use a lip product that, in addition to keeping them moisturized, provides them with nutrients and protection.
In this opportunity, we want to share the recipe of a homemade cream that, due to its combination of natural ingredients, offers interesting benefits.
Do not forget to try it!
Homemade cream to protect the skin of the lips
This home lip protection cream is a natural product that combines moisturizing and nutrient rich ingredients essential to improve the appearance of this area of the skin.
Its effects are similar to those offered by commercial lipsticks, but the formula is 100% natural, economical and free of unwanted side reactions. In this, they combine oily compounds rich in antioxidant substances that, together, repair cracked lips, with spots or scars.
Contains nutritious ingredients such as beeswax, known for its ability to moisturize, protect and regenerate. Also, coconut oil and vitamin E are two ingredients of organic origin that are often used in the manufacture of cosmetics.
These provide a protective effect against the UV rays of the sun and, in turn, create a barrier against bacteria and viruses that cause lip infections.
You may also like to read: How to prepare a home-made cream to reduce wrinkles around the mouth
In general, this cream is recommended for:
- Protect the skin of the lips against the aggressions caused by the sun or cold temperatures.
- Heal the lesions on the lips.
- Relieve dry or cracked lips.
- Retain the natural moisture of the lips.
- Avoid excessive accumulation of dead cells.
- Prevent premature aging of the skin.
- Adjust the pH.
- Relieve burns.
- Protect the lips against the negative impact of the labial chemicals.
How to prepare this homemade lip cream?
The elaboration of this natural cream for the lips is very simple and its ingredients can be acquired in any cosmetic or herbal store. Try to acquire 100% organic oils, since there are often essences or refined presentations that do not have the same nutritional quality.
Store it in a cool, dark place to keep it in perfect condition for longer.
- 2 tablespoons of beeswax (30 g)
- 2 tablespoons of rose oil (30 g)
- 2 tablespoons honey (50 g)
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil (15 g)
- 1 tablespoon jojoba oil (15 g)
- 1 capsule of vitamin E
- Heat resistant container.
- Wooden spoon or silicone.
- Glass or aluminum bottle with a lid.
- Place the tablespoons of beeswax in a heat-resistant container and take it to the water bath.
- Once it is melted, it incorporates the oil of roses and the honey.
- Remove with a wooden spoon and make sure everything is well integrated.
- Reduce the heat to a minimum and add coconut oil and jojoba oil.
- Continue stirring for one minute and remove.
- Add the contents of one vitamin E capsule and combine all the ingredients before the product begins to solidify.
- Put it in an aluminum or glass vial.
Mode of application
- Take some protective cream with your fingertips and rub it over your lips with a gentle massage.
- Allow it to be absorbed, without rinsing, and repeat its use 2 or 3 times a day.
- If you like, combine the cream with a spoonful of coarse sugar and use it as a scrub when you notice the presence of dead cells.
- In the latter case, you should only do the treatment twice a week to avoid aggression.
As you have just noticed, there are other alternatives to take care of your lips apart from the expensive protectors they distribute in the market.
With investing a few minutes you can prepare your own lipstick to take care of this part of your face without exposing it to aggressive chemicals.
You’ll love it!
You may also like this blog Depression Symptoms